Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

My First (hopefully last) Hospital Stay

This weekend has not been my favorite in my almost 10 months of life. I ended up in the hospital! It definitely was not fun. Here is what happened.

On Thursday night, I went to bed around 8:30 feeling fine. I had had my breathing treatment (not fun) and went to bed to dream about an adventure that Monkey Mon (my friend) and I were having in the Amazon (I'm not really sure where that is, but Monkey Mon says it is really pretty). Around 10:30 I woke up coughing and coughing and coughing and coughing. Mommy finally came and got me out of bed around 11:20 and she gave me another breathing treatment. I happily went back to sleep around 12:30 to continue my dreaming. Then, it really began...

Around 2:15 I woke up not being able to breathe very well and began to cry for my Mommy and Daddy. (I don't say their names yet, but they know that I'm referring to them.) Mommy came and got me out of bed and noticed how raspy my breathing was. She gave me another breathing treatment. It did not help. She finally got another breathing treatment ready around 3:45 and Daddy gave it to me while Mommy went back to sleep. Daddy thought I was still sounding bad, so he gave me yet another breathing treatment around 4:30. By 5:15, he called my doctor and they told him to take me to the ER. So, he woke up Mommy and off we went.

We arrived in the ER and they proceeded to take my temperature from my least favorite place and then they gave me a breathing treatment and then they stuck a tube down both my nostrils to suck out the mucus in my nose and throat. Needless to say, I was not having fun (to make matters worse, Mommy and Daddy had not brought Monkey Mon or my baby doll). Then, after a couple breathing treatments, they discovered that my oxygen was low. So, they tape these tubes to the side of my head and stuck little prongs into my nose. It really bugged me because it was uncomfortable and was blowing air into my nose. Finally, the doctor came back in and decided that they were going to have me spend the night.



We went up to my room and then they tortured me some more by putting an IV into my hand because I wasn't eating and was becoming dehydrated. They wrapped it up so that it looked like I had a cast on. I didn't like it, but I did enjoy bopping Mommy and Daddy in the head with it.



It was a long day of breathing treatments, mucus sucking, and crying. I was so tired, but it was hard to sleep because I couldn't breathe.



Mommy stayed all night with me and even though she was very tired stayed up with me all night long. The good news is that as the night progressed I began to feel better. They stopped the air that was blowing into my nose (but kept the tubes taped to my head) and began to give my breathing treatments further apart. At 7 a.m., they finally took the tubes off my head (the tape kindof hurt). They finally decided they would let me go. This made me happy because I was tired of being stuck in the tiny room and wanted to get down and crawl around. Mommy and Daddy have to give me breathing treatments around the clock every four hours for 48 hours and we have to go see my doctor on Monday.



Now, I'm home and very tired. I'm also very fussy. I don't want to be away from Mommy and Daddy, so I won't let them put me in my bed for a nap. They say that is okay for now, but I have to get over myself tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment